Tuesday 1 September 2015

Delayed Penalty by Sophia Henry

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Delayed Penalty (Pilots Hockey, #1)Delayed Penalty by Sophia Henry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a good, solid debut by Sophia Henry. I do enjoy a good sports romance and I have especially enjoyed some of the hockey series out here, so I was drawn to the blurb of this book. The female lead, Auden, was easy to like and a strong young woman from Russian decent. She works for her Grandpa when back from college interpreting Russian documents. This time her Grandpa gives her a real person to interpret for, Aleksandr a Russian hockey player needing help with the media interviews. Outwardly cocky and arrogant but you find he's much deeper as his character and background are revealed. These two were good together and there was witty dialogue that I really enjoyed.

There were some elements to the story in the last third and some background to the characters, that were a little unnecessary but I was able to see beyond this to the story as a whole. I can see potential for further characters in this series and would definitely read future books.

I was provided with a copy of this book from the publisher in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R1MNKRQLEUY75A/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...