Tuesday 1 September 2015

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 

Everything, EverythingEverything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

YA rocks my world right now. This book was so everything everything that it is immediately shelved in my favourites 2015 folder. The writing, the concept for the story and the main characters were complete brilliance; I can't recommend this book highly enough.

Eighteen year old Madeline has been kept in a bubble all her life, quite literally. She suffers from an rare disease that means she is allergic to everything. Everything could kill her. So, she lives in her house, with its air filters, air lock and access to two other human beings. She's been fairly content with her lot until a new family move in next door. Olly intrigues her and notices the girl at the window. They find a way to connect and get to know each other. I had an inkling of where this book was eventually going but the execution was just beautiful.

There is a uniqueness to this book that is refreshing. I was drawn into Maddy's world and predicament, desperate to advocate for her. Maddy and Olly made me 'feel'. I recommend this book and this author to anyone who reads!

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews
https://www.amazon.com/review/R35R1D2JWKG5PC/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...