Tuesday 22 September 2015

Ride Steady by Kristen Ashley

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Ride Steady (Chaos, #3)Ride Steady by Kristen Ashley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Carson 'Joker' Steele is one of my favourite KA male characters to date. This man is a hard, impenetrable shell with an equally toughened centre. He only cares about his brothers, this family he's found in Chaos. Joker isn't a funny man, he doesn't make polite conversation, he doesn't open up even to his brothers. Clarissa Teodore has had a bad year, following a tragic life. She's a young, single mom with an ex-husband determined to make her life miserable. She is devoted to her baby Travis. Joker changes her tyre on the highway and Carissa wants to say thank you. This thank you brings her into the Chaos compound. Joker and Clarissa have history, if only Clarissa can remember.

This series is superseding Colorado Mountain and The Burg as my preferred KA series. Truly, after Shy Parker, I didn't think I could favour a male biker higher, but Joker has done it. The big reveal was frankly fun to read. Some of the side characters delighted me, including the wonderful Big Petey, Mr Robinson and Travis. Travis was such a enjoyable character but more than anything for what he brought out of Joker, his mum and their relationship.

"The biker came forward, gloved hands up, caught Travis at his sides and pulled him gently from my arms."

I cannot wait for Walk Through Fire because quite frankly this series hits the best spots and leaves my voracious book soul satisfied.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2UIRW3N4N2L1T/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...