Tuesday 8 September 2015

The Talented Mr. Maxwell by Julia Harlow

REVIEWED BY Kim Gray

The Talented Mr. MaxwellThe Talented Mr. Maxwell by Julia Harlow
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Talented Mr. Maxwell was certainly a drama filled story. I liked all the deception and trickery that was written about by this first time author, Julia Harlow. It did take me a while to get into this story, something was just missing for me. I think I just didn’t like the older model vs younger model concept. I found what Luke did a bit too much, not very believable. But, with that said it’s just my thoughts on the matter and it was a good first book. I enjoyed the edge of your seat gripping part of the story, plus I loved Dorrie and Grant’s story. I was routing for them to be together for pretty much the entire story. I felt it jumped around a bit though, which confused me a little and I had to reread parts. I am not an English major by any means, but the way it went from writing in the third person to the first, it put me off. So I am giving this book a 3.5 score, but will leave it as a 4 star rating on Amazon and Goodreads because I don’t think it deserves a 3 star rating on these sites, it was better than that. I was gifted this ebook and so I am leaving an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...